Looking for a delicious muffin recipe? These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins are a long-time family favorite! (You might enjoy these other freezer-friendly muffin recipes, too!)
As you can see by the picture above, we’ve been making this Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe for years! Silas was (and still is) always such a great little kitchen helper.
They’re really versatile. We’ve been known to pair them with a delicious pot of soup (like Hamburger Vegetable Soup) for a chilly December evening.
But they’re also great for breakfast, snack, or even dessert!
And don’t forget the butter to make them extra delicious! 😉
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups oats (old fashioned or quick oats)
- 2 and 2/3 cups flour (white, whole-wheat, or a mixture of both
- 2/3 cup sugar or raw sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup olive oil or butter
- 6 ounces chocolate chips (I used mini chocolate chips, but I think it might be even better with regular-sized chocolate chips.)
Combine the oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, milk, and oil.
Stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture until moistened. Mix the chocolate chips in.
Fix greased or paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full with the batter. Bake at 400 degrees for 16-18 minutes, or until tops are light golden.
Makes approximately 18 muffins.
Recipe adapted slightly from Frugal Homemaker.